Here at Rack Attack we take pride in the level of service we can provide due to our extensive product knowledge and installation experience. Our Rack Experts will be able to assist you through your entire rack buying experience. From explaining each option available for your vehicle, Installation services and or Tips for the “do-it-yourself-er”, as well as maintenance and upkeep tips. At our 4 US locations we offer a wide range of installation services which include custom permanent applications on vehicles where other options would either not exist, or would not provide the most flexibility in terms of accessories, highest weight rating, and the widest spread between the front and back cross-bars.
For today’s showcase install, the owner of this Chevy Colorado was interested in a system that would allow him to mount a kayak without solely utilizing the two bar system designed to mount over the cab. He was interested in using the area over his truck’s bed, and we were more than happy to go over all the system options, as well as all of the accessory combinations available. After we went over with him all of the approved fit systems for his vehicle, we decided that a combination system, including a Yakima Q Tower half set as well as Yakima Outdoorsman Compact would allow him to best utilize the space available, while still allowing for the convenience of loading and unloading that having a bar mounted at the rear of the truck bed allows for. See below for a complete list of the products required to mount this system.
THIS SYSTEM INCLUDES;
- Yakima Q Tower Half Set - Load Bar sold Separately
- Yakima Q14 Clip - Vehicle specific clip – May be different for your vehicle (CHECK OUT OUR FIT GUIDE)
- Yakima 66 Inch Load Bars - One to be used with the Q Tower Half Set and one to be used with the 300 Compact
- Yakima 2 Pack of Lock Cores
- Yakima Hully Rollers - Sold as a Half Set – To be used in conjunction with Mako/Aero Saddles (See Video Below)
- Yakima Mako Saddles - To mount Mako Saddles on most Factory style bars the Mako Aero is now available (See Video Below)
If you are interested in additional information about this or any Roof Rack system application, please feel free to consult one of our highly knowledgeable Rack Experts by calling (888)399RACK (7225). Otherwise you can email us with any questions….Well…as long as they are pertaining to Racks.
- Rack Attack Boston – (888)399RACK